Youtuber in Prison

Youtube Career ended up in prison

Source:Bing Chat


Former Olympian and renowned YouTuber, Trevor D. Jacob embarked on a solo journey from Lompoc City Airport in California, claiming to be heading towards Mammoth Lakes.Mr. Jacob planned to eject himself from the plane during the flight, and video himself parachuting to the ground as it crashed.He had mounted several cameras on the plane and equipped himself with a parachute, video camera and selfie stick. The mock accident had been orchestrated to sell a wallet that Mr. Jacob had agreed to promote in one of his videos.

Around 35 minutes into the flight, while soaring above the Los Padres National Forest, Mr. Jacob jumped from the plane. He later hiked to the wreck to recover the footage and then documents a hike through the forest, which he claimed lasted six hours until a farmer found him at dusk.

Mr.Jacob then hired a contractor to help him and a friend remove the plane from the forest and load it into the trailer of Mr. Jacob’s pickup truck, which he drove to a hangar at Lompoc City Airport. Over the following days, Mr. Jacob “cut up and destroyed” the wrecked plane, which he put in trash bins around the airport.

And then Mr. Jacob reported the crash to the National Transportation Safety Board but falsified information about the plane’s location and his reasons for parachuting.

Then,Mr. Jacob uploaded a 13-minute video of the crash, titled “I Crashed My Plane,” which showed him unleashing a flurry of expletives, before opening the plane’s door and abandoning the plane in a parachute — selfie stick in hand. The video, which had some 1.7 million views, has since been removed from YouTube.

National Transportation Safety Board began an investigation and told Mr. Jacob that he was responsible for preserving the wreckage. But when asked where the wreckage was, Mr. Jacob claimed that he did not know.The YouTuber, Trevor D. Jacob, 30, of Lompoc, Calif., pleaded guilty to one count of destruction and concealment with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation, after he removed the wrecked plane from the crash site in December 2021, just over two weeks after the episode, according to a plea agreement filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

He had been sentenced to six months in prison.